Senior Medical Writer, Real World Evidence
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Senior Medical Writer - Real World Evidence
Homebased role flexible location across USA
At ICON, it's our people that set us apart.
As a global provider of drug development solutions, our work is
serious business. But that doesn't mean you can't have fun while
you do it. With our vision to be the partner of choice in drug
development, we hire only the best and brightest in the industry.
Are you one of them?
We are looking for conscientious, resilient, and inspiring
individuals to join our team. As a Senior Medical Writer, your
primary responsibility will be to provide scientific and
medical/clinical writing support as part of a team dedicated to
late-phase projects, servicing an assigned client. While the
ability to work independently is key, the Senior Medical Writer
will work closely with the ICON team and other members of the
client account team to help ensure the timely delivery of
high-quality and scientifically/medically accurate assigned
The primary responsibilities and accountabilities of our Senior
Medical Writer are:
- Responsible for writing and reviewing study documents such as
Protocol, Synopsis, Informed Consent, Data Collection Documents and
Study Report, etc.
- Responsible for developing scientific communication such as
abstract, poster, manuscript, etc.
- Responsible for performing quality control for medical writing
- Responsible for interpreting statistical results and for
soliciting statistician input for developing study reports,
abstracts, manuscripts, and other documents as required
- Participating in the improvement of the quality assurance
- Responsible for participating in bid-defence presentations
representing medical writing activities
What you need
- Advanced degree in a scientific discipline, preferably PhD,
PharmD or MD
- 5+ years of professional experience in Medical Writing at a
pharmaceutical, biotechnology, CRO or other health care
- Proven knowledge of ICH/GCP and GPP guidelines or other
meaningful guidelines or industry standard
- Outstanding written and verbal interpersonal skills
- Good computer literacy
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with
- A strong desire to be a key part of a global network of
services that lead to better outcomes for its clients, its people
and for patientsapply now and Own IT@ICON!
Why join us?
Ongoing development is vital to us, and as a Senior Medical
Writer, you will have the opportunity to progress your career, with
the potential to move into other related areas to enhance your
skill set. Our benefits package is competitive, our scope is
international and we genuinely care about our people and their
ICON is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing
a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
EOE race/color/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender
Keywords: Icon, Brentwood , Senior Medical Writer, Real World Evidence, Other , Brentwood, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!