Clinical Assistant/Patient Representative
Company: Sun River Health
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Sun River Health provides the highest quality of comprehensive
primary, preventative and behavioral health services to all who see
it, regardless of insurance status and ability to pay, especially
for the underserved and vulnerable.Sun River Health is a Federally
Qualified, Non-Profit Health Center serving communities in Suffolk,
Rockland, Orange, Dutchess, Ulster, Sullivan, Columbia and
Westchester County. Sun River Health is currently seeking a
full-time Clinical Assistant/Patient Representative to join our
team in Brentwood.
A Clinical Assistant/Patient Representative renders assistance
to patients and professional staff, within an assigned unit of the
Center or authorized community site, in support of medical care as
directed by the nursing and medical staff and pursuant to the
objectives and policies of the Center. Performs job duties in
compliance with systems and job specific standards. Performs any
additional jobs or duties as assigned. Responsible for providing
patient centered care and facilitating patient access to services
in a pleasant, knowledgeable efficient manner, communicating with a
diverse population using well-developed interpersonal skills. This
staff member will be responsible for all aspects of the
registration and appointment process for patients. The staff member
plays an integral role in the medical care team as the access point
for patients to receive care. Performs job duties in compliance
with systems and job specific standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a Clinical
- Completes the rooming process and takes vital signs, vision,
and/or hearing tests, record patient data in eCW, (laboratory
results, pain level, PEAS, PhQ, Smoke status, etc.) Document reason
- Perform in-house labs, collect specimens for out-side labs (ex.
Pap,cultures,etc) perform quality control in accordance with
- Keeps clinical area stocked and in good order. Assures that all
dated material is kept current and disposes of outdated
- Cleans and sterilizes all equipment and logs each time this
service is performed.
- Perform basic clerical work in service area; answer phones in
appropriate manner, communicate problems/concerns to nurse; handle
- Ensures all appropriate logs are maintained.
- Assists with daily reception activities and ensuring that all
processes needed for patient services are initiated.
- Communicates effectively with team members and patients all
aspects of service.
- Responsible for telephone and mail contact with patients.
- Responsible for the scheduling of appointments, fee collection,
explanation of services and charges for patient services.
- Distributes materials to patients, including the patient
satisfaction cards, patient rights and other appropriate
- Verifies all insurance and sets fees based on the sliding scale
Minimum Education Requirement: High School diploma/ GED with
Medical Assistant Training Certificate
Preferred Education Requirement: Associate's degree with Medical
Assistant Training Certificate
Minimum Related Work Experience: 1 year
Keywords: Sun River Health, Brentwood , Clinical Assistant/Patient Representative, Other , Brentwood, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!